Sunday, October 26, 2008

71 percent fun.


On the plus side: The pumpkin party was an enormous success. The weather was EXACTLY PERFECT -- 75 degrees, blue skies, but somehow still crisp. I made the apple cider from scratch for the first time and it was good (good not great, but what are you going to do for your first time?) and the cookie decorating portion of the party rivaled the cookie decorating parties of my mother's infamy when I was in the 4th grade. PLUS there was a parade that passed by our house (FUN!) and I'm totally losing weight (FUN!) and Leah brought her five-week old kitten named Sal (FUN FUN FUN!)

But on the minus side, I had a for-serious breakdown and a "what-is-it-all-for" moment which reminded me terribly of high school episodes. I thought I was so over the whiny my-life-is-an-underground-cesspool-of-doom phase, but apparently not. I don't think cesspool is a word. Doesn't it sound like a word?

Other words that are not real words but sound like they should be real words:
Pampalegic
Magnimatrimony
Plaudious
Grull

Words that are obviously fake:
Prapplelobble
Cluffimonk
Lwo

Words that really sound like they should not be words but somehow made it into someone's vernacular at some point:
Vernacular
Milquetoast
Bowyang

This is an interesting article about words which are not real words.


Excuse me while I crawl into my little hole to sulk my migraine away. Pathetic.

No comments: