Tuesday, September 16, 2008

10 percent fun!

For those of you keeping score, I am back up to 10 percent fun! And I'm also very tired. When you spend your entire whole wide life lying under the covers reading Virginia Woolf (and other brooding modernists), woe-is-meing about how glamorous and academic your life used to be, it's a shock to your whole system when you reemerge in the physical world.

Today I had drinks with Jayda and Antonio Garzia (who will always have to be either Antonio-Garzia-full-name or Mr. Garzia; he just isn't an Antonio). I did this right after school, which made the drinks cost $2. And that made the drinks abundant. And that made me drunk way too early in the evening. Alex called! But I don't remember what he said. It's been more than a week since I've heard his voice, and all I could think was, "MAN, his voice is loooow. ... ... Shorty got low-low-low-low-... Reeboks with the straps (with the STRAPS!)" and that did not make for a remotely productive conversation, so oh well about that. Bar conversation momentarily censored. Or forever censored, take your pick.

The real fun came when I 1) Visited Joe Stadolnik and received turnovers from him (I know how that sounds) and solved ALMOST ALL of the Crossword, and 2) When ALEXIS CAME INTO TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!! Alexis is a breath of Freshy McFRESH air. I wish she would just sleep on cushions in my bed every single night and whisper the words to Harry Potter aloud while I went about my business. That might be dull for her, but it would be SUPER for me.

Tomorrow is gonna be AWESOME. Tonight at Nacho Mama's was even awesome! And now I'm having serious After Burrito Time (Alli and Alex call this ABT. And that's what it is. I submitted it as a definition on UrbanDictionary.com, but they insist that "ABT" stands for Asian-Born-Taiwanese. I mean really. When would you EVER need to use that?)

Worth noting: The Coffee Shop people down the street from my school know me by name and by food choice now. Does that make me cool or does it make me lame? More fun or more boring? Because on the one hand, WHO DOESN'T want to have a Coffee Shop that is essentially the daytime version of Cheers without the ugly '80s haircuts (or Frasier)? But on the other hand, does this mean I am falling into a rut of never trying new things? You know, the problem is that their buttermilk-scone-croissant lovechild thing is that best edible thing that there is. And that's not my problem, it's theirs. I still don't know what that thing is officially called. And nothing goes better with the scoissant than Dr. Pepper. So it's like they're preventing me from trying anything else. No points lost or gained here.

School is still hard, but today this one girl said, "Hey BITCH, move out my way!" and this normally quiet and reserved boy kind of quietly was like, "Her name isn't 'bitch.' It's Ms. Johnson." That was a good moment. I totally gave him a (clandestine) sticker.

No comments: