Monday, September 29, 2008

98 percent lame

Okay so I woke up this morning at Lugo's while dog-sitting, went into the kitchen to feed Suki, and felt a tiny cold something on my toes.

I think this is a rat. I'm not sure, because as far as rats go, this thing is pretty adorable. Suki wanted to eat it, but I put it outside. Then I realized that it was DEFINITELY going to die in a really gruesome way if I left it out there... so... I put it in an old spinach container and gave it some snap peas and some water and wrapped it in a blanket. It's probably going to die anyway, right? What am I supposed to do with this thing? Is there any way of saving this baby whatever-it-is?

This is way more adulthood than I need right now.

I have to go to work. Should I bring baby whatever-it-is to work? WHY am I so LAME that I can't just let things die? What is my fucking deal? I see one innocent creature (PROBABLY A RAT!) and my heart just breaks for it. Let me tell you what I would NOT do: survive in the wild. I would be running from some lion or tiger or something and I'd stop to rescue a wounded deer or something. And then my life would be OVER. PATHETIC.

No comments: